Monday 3 October 2011

Collection 2000 on Trial

Hello again!

I had planned to do a post over the weekend but it was too hot, hot, hot to get on me netbook and post to me blog. Tonight is a wee bit cooler so here I am, blogging about some of the Collection 2000 goodies I received last week when I was at their relaunch shin dig.

Contents of Goodie Bag

I thought I'd give the eye products ago, I really liked the look of the glitter eyeliners and metallic cream eyeshadow

L-R; No 1:Gold Rush Metallic Cream Eyeshadow,
No 5: Le Freak Glam Crystals Dazzling Gel Liner
No2: Platinum Bling Metallic Cream Eyeshadow,
No 9: Retro Chic Glam Crystals Dazzling Gel Liner
No 3: Rock 'n' Rose Metallic Cream Eyeshadow,
No 3: Funk Glam Crystals Dazzling Gel Liner
No 5: Rockpool Metallic Cream Eyeshadow

I tried No 5 Le Freak Glam Crystals Dazzling Gel Liner but was so disappointed with the results I didn't bother take a picture. The applicator is a soft small brush so it was really difficult to get enough product on to actually line my eyes and when I did get it on, there wasn't a smooth consistent line. I attempted to put it all over the lid but that didn't look to great either. So I decided to take it of and that was the worse part. The little bits of glitter felt like grit on my eyes, just as gritty as glitter polish, oh it was awful to take off! It has put me off trying the other colours, if this was after a long night I dunno how I woulda get it off with a few glasses of wine in me?!

So red eyes later I tried No2 Platinum Bling Metallic Cream Eyeshadow, surely this cream wouldn't be a bugger to get on? It wasn't but the applicator again wasn't great. It's the same kind of applicator you get in a lip gloss so although it gets a lot of product on, it doesn't spread it evenly so I ended up using an eye brush and these were the results -




Maybe it was the colour on my skin tone but you can't really see much of it on the lids, which is nice in a subtle kind of way. I was more impressed with my lashes and this was courtesy of the skyscraper mascara, this is excellent! seeing as I don't have many lashes and they are quite short and stubby, I really need a brush that lengthens and defines my lashes. This is what the Sky Scraper mascara says on the tube and that's exactly what it does, the applicator looks like a cute little comb which grabs, separates and drags your lashes to their full. I think my lashes look great and this will become one of my staples, I love it when the products live up to their claims!

Pump Up the Volume either side of the amazing Sky Scraper Mascara
So thumbs up on the mascara from me, will give some of the other products a go at some point but for now I'll sign off, see you later xx

0 comments: