Saturday 12 February 2011

It's been a long time...........

It's been a long time since I last posted, sorry folks xxx Work and life have been manic of late leaving very little time for me to indulge myself in having a play around with my make up :-(

Anyhow a few of my anonymous followers commented that I haven't posted in a while so tonight, amidst the housework, I thought I'd do a quick post on some Barry M Eye Crayons that I bought recently.

I really love the bright and vibrant make-up colours that Barry M create, I've invested in quite a few of their dazzle dust pots which last for ages so they make great value for money. Seeing as I've done quite a few posts involving powder shadows, I decided to try eye crayons in the hope that they'd give a more intense look, easier application and less product use in comparison to powder. I purchased two, one in aqua green and the other in a baby blue:


Barry M Super Soft Eye Crayon
Top Crayon - Matt; Shade No: 7
Bottom Crayon - Shade No: 4
 I must admit, I did feel like a kid playing with face paint putting such a huge pencil up to my eyes! I was also concerned that if I used too much on the upper eye area, I could end up looking like a clown, so I just opted to place the product just on the lids putting the aqua green from the inside of the lid two thirds across and the darker baby blue on the last third.



I didn't put any primer on my lids beforehand as I wanted to feel and see the true consistency of the product however I discovered shortly after application that you have to use primer with these crayons. They feel ever so smooth on the lids and the crayon is great for quick, easy application so no eye irritation that you can get with fall out from a powder, however after blinking a few times, the colour moved all over the place and what was previously a stunning intense two coloured lid just looked a mesh of bluey green with some parts of the colour completly disappearing leaving the colour that stayed put just looking out of place.


Was quite disappointed really and will give it another go with primer on and hopefully that will end in a better result as the colours are truly beautiful - I'd hate to feel that they were a complete waste of money. On a positive note, they were so easy to take off, unlike some powders which seem to weld themselves to your eyelid, the crayons come off really easily so no double vision from scrubbing your eyes with these.

I'm gonna sign off and jump up in bed, must remember to buy a paper tomorrow, apparently one of the saturday newspapers has a voucher for a free Barry M kit with polish, lip gloss and eyeliner so will definately give that a trial and post my results!

See you soon (yes it will be soon and not as long as before alright?!) xx

0 comments: