Saturday 29 January 2011

Giving it a go

Good Evening folks, hope you and yours are well......

I never thought I'd be lured in by the power of advertising however when I saw an advert for a free Model's Own Make-up kit and all I'd have to do is buy two Sunday newspapers, I had to have it.

The first week the token was in the paper, I completely forgot so I had to wait for week two and what did I do? yep I forgot again?!!! Fortunately I did remember halfway through the afternoon so I ventured out only to find that the local shop had run out of that particular paper and all the other shops I tried didn't sell newspapers?! what the heck? how can a convenience shop NOT sell newspapers??!! So my quest for a free make-up set turned into a challenge, I really felt like I was on a game show like Crystal Maze (do you remember that programme?!), I was driving, parking-up, jumping out and into the shops as quick as a flash, only to return empty handed and have to do the same routine a few blocks up the road. By the time I actually got my hands on a paper, I was so exhausted, I went home and jumped into bed, didn't even bother cut the voucher out after all that.

Week three, I was much more organised but I guess it was because that was the final token and I would actually receive the goodies that day! So in the spirit of giving it a go, I tried all the products out as soon as I got home ;-)

Models Own Free Make-up Kit from Fabulous Magazine

The make-up set consists of tweezers, eye lash curler, liquid eyeliner, mascara and an eyeshadow duo set called 'Goldie-rocks' which is one shimmery cream shadow colour with a dark grey/brown shadow colour in a little compact and both shades have silver glitter in them.

It all came in a cute little pouch and I like the pink and black packaging of the eyeliner and mascara, very girlie. The tweezers have an angled head and are very effective, quick removal of those stray eyebrow hairs.

The liquid eyeliner is black, personally I think the brush/tip is a little too small so I had to use it a couple of times to get a solid line and it doesn't seem to dry so has a wet look which I'm not too keen on but that's just my personal preference.

My eye lashes are short, few and far between so I didn't try the eyelash curlers, I never use em, a good mascara usually does the trick and boy am I loving the mascara in this set! There wasn't much product actually in the mascara as the brush came out a little dry but I popped the brush in another mascara bottle that I have and the brush is fantastic. It applies just the right amount to the lashes to curl and shape them perfectly. I've been using this every day since I got it, it is brilliant.

The shadows are lovely too, there was no fall out and they are smooth on the lids. Also, you don't have to use too much product to get the full effect of the colour in the palette on your lids....


So for a couple of quid I got quite a few products, am considering getting this mascara when my current one runs out, it really is that good.

Off to raid the fridge, see you later x

0 comments: