Friday 14 January 2011

Hello All!

Hello All! I thought I'd do a blog today to say hi to new followers and those that have been looking at my blog but haven't subscribed as yet.

I had planned to show some pics of an eyeshadow experiment I did this evening but for some reason, my software update hasn't worked and now I can't upload my pics? Very disappointed about that as I've been fiddling with the darn net book all evening and now my forehead looks like a tube map with all the frowning I've been doing!

So instead I've got some pics I uploaded previously of a great Ruby & Millie Vanity Case that I got at Xmas and will be experimenting with soon. This sleek, stylish, gold, leather (well leather's cousin polyurethane) case has so much goodies inside, to be honest I'm not quite sure how I've managed to contain meself and not try all the stuff out yet but rest assured I will be, soon!

Ruby & Millie Gold Vanity Case
The vanity case contains a palette with 12 eye shadows, 4 lip glosses, 2 blushers, a removable brush case with 5 brushes and a removable make-up bag....


Ruby & Millie Vanity Case Contents
I'm loving this palette and I know it's going to become one of my make-up staples as the shimmering shades will look fantastic when used individually and great combined together to create different looks. The colours aren't labelled in the palette but from the pic below you can see that there is a great range of colours, white, black, blues, greens, pinks, lilacs, purple, brown and bronze.

Ruby & Millie Vanity Case Palette
Top Row: 4 lip colours,
Middle Three Rows: 12 eye shadows
Bottom Row: 2 blushers
The lip colours range from an organgey gold, pink, purple and red, the blushes are tan and bronze with gold shimmers. I don't think I'll be able to use one of the blushers on my skin tone but this can always be recycled as a shadow or a highlight at some point, waste not want not.....

Brushes from left to right:
Lip, Eye Line, Eye, Powder and Foundation Brushes

The five piece brush collection is everything you need for getting started - foundation & powder brushes for the face, shadow and an angled line brush for the eyes and a lip brush. It also comes in it's own little gold case and all the brushes are labelled on the wooden handles which is helpful. I'm not sure if the fibres used are synthetic or natural as there is no reference in the packaging, but they feel mighty smooth on the skin so I do hope that they work well and don't start molting once I start using them regularly - nothing worse than walking around looking like wolverine with  whiskers or a moustache with everyone around you being too polite and to say "you've got something on your face" in case you actually do have facial hair and don't give a damn!

I've already started using the make-up bag, it perfectly holds all of my daily make-up essentials and fits well into most of my handbags. I hope to start trying out the shadows over the weekend, so technology permitting, I'll have some pics for you all soon xxx

0 comments: