Sunday 16 January 2011

Just for the hell of it

Hey, hope all is well with you and yours?! I'm having a quiet night in tonight, no parties or dinners to get glammed up for, I guess everyone is still broke from Xmas - which is a distant memory now. So I thought I'd try out that Ruby & Millie palette I blogged about the other night, just for the hell of it.

Inspired by last weeks metallic purple & blue look, I thought I'd keep that combination of colours but perhaps in lighter shades, for a fresh spring look (although we aren't quite yet in spring, a girl can wish though right?!). I opted for three colours in the middle of the palette lilac, purple and turquoise with the white in the top palette for my highlight:

(from left to right)
Top Row, 1st Shade - White, Brow Highlight
Middle Row, 1st Shade - Lilac, Lid
Middle Row, 3rd Shade - Purple, Upper Eye
Middle Row, 4th Shade - Turquoise, Lower Lash Line
First I covered the entire lid up to the crease in lilac, then I lined the lower lash line with the turquoise. Then I applied the purple shadow to the upper eye area from the crease to the brow bone and added the white highlighter under the brow. I blended the purple and white highlight a little but not much with the lilac and purple as the colours are quite similar and didn't want one to get lost in the other. Once I had done some blending I did need to reapply the lilac so that it stood out, also added some eyebrow pencil and mascara just to complete the look:



These shadows are smooth on the lids, very little fall out although I did have to apply quite a bit of product to achieve a rich colour, even with my Urban Decay Primer. That shouldn't put you off trying any of these shadows though cos once they're on, they are gorgeous don't you think?!




If only uploading my pics was as pleasant. I took these pictures at 9pm, check out the time I posted this blog below?! I've spent hours online searching net forums trying to work out why my software update wasn't working?! Seems like I'm not the only one with the problem however after trying two methods to fix the glitch (which seemed to take forever to do) and a cut bottom lip from all the lip biting I was doing, I finally managed to fix the problem (touch wood) and upload me pics. After all that, I hope you like it! Right, I'm off to get meself a drink for all my hard efforts (she says) but really it's just for the hell of it ;-)

2 comments:

Liane said...

Very nice - the second pic is my fave. Will you be swatching the rest of the palette too?

LLH said...

Thanks! Yes I will be swatching the other colours in the palette, think I'll try the bronze/brown colours next time