Tuesday 25 January 2011

How do I look?

Hey, how y'all doing? hope all is well with you and yours!

Last week I kind of by accident did an experiment. I was running late (as per usual) to do the school run, so I thought I'd save some time and put my make-up on when I got to work....

...when I got to work I completely forgot that I hadn't put done my make-up, until I was in a training session and one of the girls on the course walked in, all made up, looking like a supermodel and then I remembered that I forgot to put my face on???!!! Anyway, when we broke for lunch I went back to my office and asked my team, how do I look? They all said "you look like you normally do, why?" I told them that I didn't have any make-up on they all reckoned that they couldn't tell the difference. Now I really don't believe they were all brown-nosing seeing that I have no real power in the organisation so it got me thinking, why do I wear make-up? is there really no difference in the way I look with or without it? and if so why do I bother?!

I didn't bother to put my make-up on after that, although I felt comfortable enough to go through the whole day without it, I was still wondering why do I wear the stuff? I'm sure my other half will say "told ya you don't need all that stuff on your face" after my revelation above and perhaps he's right, however the unintentional experiment made me realise that I don't need to wear it, I just like putting it on for my own pleasure. It makes me feel 'dressed', kind of like my armour for the outside world I guess and more importantly, I simply enjoy playing around with make-up just as my hobbie and I ain't about to stop now! 

So full steam ahead with my playtime, I've done TWO looks with my Ruby & Millie palette using the other colours that I haven't swatched as yet!

Ruby & Millie Eyeshadow Palette
This first look is with the brownish colours on the top row of the palette


I like the look of this combination of colours, however, they have lots of gold glitter in the pigment which can make all the colours look as though they are blurring into one if you're not careful. There was quite a bit of fall out as well so I'll have take extra care when using them again so I don't end up with glitter all over my face!

The second look is with the blue/green shades on the last row of the palette and this time I decided to apply the shades in thirds, vertically working from the right of the palette



The colours remind me of a peacock, with the blue and green hues, what do you think? the colours work well together, can wait for summer to come so I can do this look again!

Strangely, there wasn't much fall out with these shades in comparison to the brown shades I used previously? no big drama though, all in all this is a lovely palette with colours to mix and match or use alone for a number of looks, a good staple to start your collection with or to add to your hoard of products, it gets the thumbs up from me.

See you next play time x

0 comments: