Wednesday 12 January 2011

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year Folks! Yes I know it's a bit late but better late than never eh? So I hope you all had a great xmas and a good start to the New Year? I did, ate and drank far too much but it's got to be done hasn't it?!

Going back to work was traumatising I tell ya, I was in desperate need of a power nap at 11am on the first day back and as if that wasn't bad enough I got called into a two hour meeting at the last minute (yawn). So there I was trying to keep my eyes open, thinking I was doing a good job until I snapped out of a daze and realised half of the people in the room were watching me staring at my blank page! I was supposed to be taking minutes and the only note I had written was to myself 'must stay awake' and the meeting had been going on for at least half hour......

The week got progressively worse, so much work to do, by the time Friday reared it's head, my nail polish had started to come off as I'd typed so hard and fast, felt like asking "do you want fries with that?" everytime the phone rang, seeing as the whole building seemed to be ringing me with one request or another!

So, when one of my girlfriends suggested dinner with the girls on Saturday night, I jumped at the chance to glam up, shake off the week and have a good stiff drink, oh and dinner too lol. I thought I give the Strictly Latin Look Book a go, seeing as I tried out the 'Stunning Look Book' previously.

Strictly Latin Look Book
The 'Stunning Look Book' has three metallic eyeshadows in dark purple, dark blue and slivery white, with a blusher and three lip glosses in plum, purple and red. Again I used my own Jemma Kidd brushes rather than the ones it comes with for application and literally followed the instructions inside using the silver as a highlight, purple on the lids and blue for the top and bottom lash line. There wasn't much fall out with the shadows and as I had put my Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion on first, the shadows stayed put all night (this pic was taken at 1am!)


Purple, blue and sliver shadows plus mascara

 I'm very impressed with the final look of this combination of colours and the metallic edge to the colours really set off the biker chic outfit I went for, can't wait to rock this look again and I suggest you put this lookbook on your tip list folks, it's my favourite out of the two I bought, it's great!
See you next time x

0 comments: