Saturday 16 April 2011

A woman's work is never done

G'day All,

Today I thought I'd try posting during a break in my day rather than wait till the evening to find I don't have enough strength to even switch my laptop on!

Have you been out enjoying the glorious spring weather? I have, had the week off work and thought it best to run out into the sunshine whilst it was around. You know what the Great British weather is like, come late August after months of wind and rain, we'll realise that the few days of sunshine we had back in April was actually the only 'summer' we got!

So this week I was supposed to be resting, relaxing with the family = kids are off school. I had planned to do nothing but have lazy days, catch a movie, walks in the park and generally going with the flow but the housework got the better of me one day, the place just looked cluttered and thought it best to have a spring clean now whilst I have a bit of time on my hands.

After cleaning the house from top to bottom, polishing skirting boards and mirrors, I was pleased with myself for transforming the house into the palace of Dallas BUT I was completely knackered! and it was only just gone noon and I had to venture out to visit friends that afternoon?! I jumped in the shower to freshen up but my feet still felt like I had been walking on hot coals. I started riffling through the 101 pots and potions in my bathroom, desperately looking for something, anything to soothe and revitalise my feet and found this goodie in my treasure trove:

Scholl Fresh Step Crackling Ice Foot Gel
Scholl Fresh Step Crackling Ice Foot Gel is a God send, seriously. Like the tin says (and I'm a firm believer in the product doing what they claim it does) it instantly gives a cooling sensation, revitalises tired, hot feet and also deodorises. After the mornings cleaning session this was right up my street. 

As you can see it comes in a little pressurised can and you spray it either directly on to your feet or into your hand and rub it all over your feet. It comes out like foam (so not sure why they call it a gel), as cold as ice and it crackles! Sounds really funny I know but as you rub it in, it crackles and tingles as it soothes, sounds similar to rice krispies being poured into a bowl of milk! it gets absorbed into the skin very quickly and leaves your feet feeling cool, refreshed and like you've rubbed talc onto them as it completely vanishes once rubbed in. It doesn't dry out your feet either so no need to moisturise after either, you're good to go. 

It retails at about a fiver which is pricey considering it only comes in a 35ml can but shop around, one of those auction sites might do it a bit cheaper ;-) On the plus size, it's small enough to keep in your make up bag or hand bag and considering some of the some of the killer heels I've got in my wardrobe, I'm gonna need it!

See ya later x 

0 comments: