Friday 3 December 2010

"It's beginning to look at lot like Christmas....

...everywhere you go" so the song says and so true it is at the mo. Snow and ice everywhere, got most of the country looking like Lapland and it's only the first week of December! I don't mind the snow to be honest, love to watch it falling (from inside in the warmth of course) and love to see snow covering the grass like a blanket, absolutely gorgeous.

BUT I don't like how it causes the country to come to a stand still and more importantly my boiler to a stand still too???!!!! So after a great Xmas party at the weekend (big shout out to TH, girl you know how to throw a party!) and managing to walk on Monday morning, I was not impressed when my boiler decided to stop working, I like my house hot like the Sahara on a good day.

So after 3 days of working from home, waiting on the boiler engineer and school closures, I had cabin fever and needed to get out for a treat = pop to Boots and see what make-up they have in store ;-)

At the moment Boots 17 range has an offer on, spend £6 and get a free 'Glam Rocks' Eye Palette which is worth £6.29 on it's own, thought I'd top up me nail varnish collection in that case and bought


L-R; 17 Smokey Marble Fast Finish
17 Nail Xtras Matte Top Coat
17 Fast Finish Peacock
And picked up the Glam Rock Eye Palette with six 'sultry' (their words not mine) shades for free!
Top Row, L-R; Glitter Style Queen, Darkness & Night Sky
Bottom Row, L-R; Mardi Gras, Glitter Spirit & Punky Purple

I tried them out individually and combined and was really disappointed. They didn't feel smooth when applied and they all kind of looked the same on the lids apart from the black and the purple. There was only one combination of shades worth taking a picture of

Glitter Style Queen on lids and under lash line
Night Sky on edge of socket
Mardi Gras under brow

Looks OK but not 'wow' in my book it just looks shiny and you can't really tell the different shades but hey it was worth a try, ne'er mind though, better luck next time eh?!

My tip on this? Well this palette really ain't worth running down to the shops for, maybe one to keep for recycling/re-trying with some other shades? or with a glitter on top? If not you could just pass it on as a stocking filler for a teenager.......


0 comments: