Wednesday 22 December 2010

Santa came early

Yes folks, Santa paid me an early visit, he was supposed to be secret but in my bosses attempts to work out who to expect a 'secret' present he let on to me that he had got my name in the office secret Santa?!

I wasn't too disappointed to be honest, like everyone over 7 I worked out when I was about that age that Santa wasn't real when I woke up one Xmas eve night, popped into the kitchen and saw my dad munching down on the salt pork and hard dough bread I had left out for 'santa'!! Sod that I thought, I could've eaten that myself if I'd have known! So the next year I boycotted Santa and lo and behold I still got pressies so that was the end of that malarkey for me.

However, I've always been a bit excited by Xmas and with the snow around it seems all the more festive for me so I was looking forward to the secret Santa present giving session that was scheduled for my last day in the office until 2011!!

Well my heart sunk when my boss came in with what looked like a wrapped tin of quality street?! what kind of present is that?! I mean I know he's mr last minute.com and had to pop out during the day to get it but he couldn't be that stuck for ideas to resort to a tin of chocolates could he?! I was bit apprehensive when I was unwrapping the paper BUT to my delight, it wasn't chocolates (I'm really not that keen on the stuff), it was a nice pink tin of Soap and Glory Wait on Hand & Foot!!!!


Soap & Glory Wait On Hand & Foot Gift Tin

This tin contains Heel Genius Foot Cream, Hand Food Hand Cream, Cotton Gloves, Cotton Socks and Nail Buffing Board, all the stuff you need for gorgeous feet and hands.


Soap & Glory Fast-Acting Heel Genius
and
Soap & Glory Super-Softening Cotton Socks

Soap & Glory Hand Food Hydrating Hand Cream
and
Soap & Glory Super-Softening Cotton Socks


Soap & Glory Double-Sided Nail Buffing Board
Now what it says on the tin is that you're supposed to use the double-sided board to shape your nails and after a rinse, rub the heel cream on your feet, hand cream on your hands (duh?!) and slip the socks and gloves on over the top then jump into bed. By morning, your feet and hands are moisturised and soft.

I guess they are assuming that you'll be in bed on your own and only have the intention of sleeping when you go to bed as the socks and gloves ain't gonna do nothing for your love life. The socks and gloves are pink and white polka dots, very girlie and cute but not seductive in the slightest! But in order to give these a full review I did give it a go with and without the gloves and socks.

Yes it did the trick, both of the creams are smooth on the skin, hydrating, moisturising and softening but it did feel a bit odd wearing gloves and socks to bed, especially as they are cotton, it felt like a bit of friction with the bed sheets every time I moved, I guess they would've felt better in satin? It is however just as effective without the gloves and socks as both creams work well on their own and give an instant moisture boost and and glow to both your feet and hands.

So the heel genius and hand food make my 101 tip list, if you can bear to wear the gloves and socks to bed then do so, at least when you do get down to business, your partner won't feel as though a reptile has replaced your hands and feet in the middle of the night! Plus the tin is just the right depth to house your nail polish, I've managed to fit 26 bottles in and there's still enough room for the creams, gloves and socks (and yes I will be trying to fill the whole tin with polish, why not eh?).

Think it's time for me to turn in, so with gloves and socks on, goodnight!

PS thanks for my pressie DG :-)

0 comments: